As manager and creator of Funds, Fiera Private Debt is committed to respect the six United Nations Principles for Responsible Investment.
Responsible Investment Policy Summary
The following is a summary of Fiera Private Debt’s Responsible Investment policy. The full policy is available upon request.
Fiera Capital Corporation, including Fiera Private Debt as an affiliate, is a signatory to the United Nations- supported Principles for Responsible Investment (the “PRI”). Fiera Private Debt is committed to responsible investment in general and the six principles laid out by the PRI.
It is the responsibility of all employees to adhere to this policy. The Fiera Private Debt Responsible Investment Committee has executive support and representation from across Fiera Private Debt, with a mandate to set and advance strategic ESG objectives. Our investment professionals are primarily responsible for ensuring that the consideration of material ESG factors is integrated into investment decisions. Our Risk Management team is responsible for supporting the implementation and governance of this policy, which includes review and approval every year or as otherwise required. Where additional subject matter expertise is needed, the teams utilize external resources as relevant and necessary.
In connection with our four Private Debt Strategies and associated funds, our ESG objectives are to:
- Identify and consider material environmental, public health, safety, and other social and governance issues associated with potential investments
- Establish cooperative and transparent dialogues with our investors, borrowers, and stakeholders
- Comply with all applicable laws
- Respect the human rights of those affected by our investment decisions and act accordingly
- Uphold high ethical standards
- Promote the adoption of similar principles by our Borrowers
- Establish governance structures that provide appropriate levels of oversight
We will seek to integrate the consideration and thoughtful management of material ESG factors throughout the investment cycle, including sourcing, due-diligence, final investment decision, and ongoing portfolio management of our debt investments. We apply our judgment and expertise in assessing risks and opportunities related to material ESG factors. In order to support this effort, we may revert to PRI and other industry frameworks to help achieve the voluntary performance standards we base the assessment of ourselves and borrowers on during the evaluation and ongoing management of our investments.
Our Responsible Investment policy is reviewed and approved by the Head of Fiera Private Debt every year or as otherwise required.