Reporting to the Managing Directors, the Associate Director, Real Estate Financing will assess new loan investment opportunities, conduct due diligence and underwrite credit submissions; the successful candidate will also work with the investment team to monitor and manage portfolio risk.
This is an opportunity to join a fast-paced and entrepreneurial organization, and the successful candidate will be provided with significant learning and career advancement opportunities.
Location: Downtown Toronto
- Performs analysis of potential loan investment opportunities, inclusive of industry deep dives and company financial analysis; makes appropriate investment recommendations based on all information available;
- Prepares the Executive Summary for the contemplated investment;
- Acts as the point person coordinating loan execution activities with both internal and external stakeholders of Fiera Private Debt;
- Plays an active role in due diligence processes and contributes to the preparation of internal financing proposal presentations while liaising with the company’s various committees;
- Conducts research and verifies, analyzes and interprets all data points (such as financial statements, market analyses, monthly reports, credit records, and other resources available) to ensure that the Managing Directors are well informed;
- Plans and, as required, attends at business meetings with Managing Directors;
- Prepares the draft loan credit submissions for review by Managing Directors and Investment Committee;
- Manages and monitors the documentation for existing portfolio loans; completes monthly loan monitoring and provides the required input for distribution to various parties;
- Maintains current knowledge of the business environment through on-going research as well as attending industry events;
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in finance &/or accounting;
- A minimum of 4 years of relevant experience in financial analysis and asset management;
- Holding a professional designation (CFA/CPA) is an asset;
- Good knowledge of loan documentation;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Keen interest in investing and credit as an investment vehicle;
- Ability to analyse market trends and relate them to our business;
- Ability to operate in a fast-growing, results-oriented environment and to meet demanding deadlines;
- Ability to learn quickly and be proactive;
- Attention to details and skills in managing priorities;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Works well in a team environment, able to multi-task;
- Ability to develop and maintain a network of business contacts;
- Excellent knowledge of Excel and MS Office Suite;
- Ability to liaise with legal counsel in relation to necessary deal documentation;
- Bilingualism (English/French) considered an asset.
This position offers:
- Competitive compensation and benefits;
- Opportunities for professional development in a growing organization;
- Dynamic and pleasant work environment.