Located in Toronto and reporting to the Executive Vice President, Corporate and Infrastructure debt, the Managing Director is responsible for identifying and developing corporate debt financing opportunities in order to achieve financial and investor return objectives and ensure the firm’s full growth potential.
The candidate must be a motivated self-starter who is well-organized with a proven track record in business development, risk assessment and portfolio management. Experience in analyzing and underwriting credit combined with strong financial skills is vital. Candidates must also possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal and be able to work in a fast-paced team environment.
Location: Downtown Toronto
- Develops and implements business development strategies targeting loan/investment opportunities in the $10M-$60M range for terms of up to 10 years, meeting the firm’s overall strategies and business plan;
- The incumbent works closely with the Executive Vice President, Corporate and Infrastructure debt to analyze and select suitable lending opportunities and to negotiate and structure customized financing solutions for corporate borrowers across a broad range of industries;
- Targets new partners and new markets by being the highly visible representative of Fiera Private Debt in the marketplace to enhance the network of referral sources and prospects consistent with the desired objectives;
- Prepares and presents detailed and comprehensive investment proposals to the credit committee for approval;
- Represents the firm at industry events.
Skills and experience
- Undergraduate degree in business, finance or economics or MBA (CFA and/or CPA, CA designation also acceptable);
- Ten (10) years related experience in the Canadian private placement debt market, including credit evaluation and transaction structuring and documentation;
- Proven track record of business development and transaction execution;
- Strong financial analysis and negotiation skills;
- Team player with experience in mentoring and developing junior staff
- Strategic and entrepreneurial vision;
- Familiar with the administrative and operational risk management systems and processes of an investment manager. Strong understanding of back office operations;
This position offers:
- Competitive compensation and benefits;
- Opportunities for professional development;
- Dynamic and pleasant work environment;
- Excellent brand and reputation in the marketplace and well positioned for growth.